If this is the first time you’ve had a new home built for you, there are some important things you need to know. This guide covers some of the basics. If you have any questions about the process or need help understanding what happens next, please contact us for help.
- Before you shop for a new home, it’s always a good idea to get a pre-approved mortgage from a financial institution. This will give you a realistic budget with which to work.
- Researching the community/neighbourhood of interest to you is very important. Your best bet is to visit the area in person to see the schools, parks, shopping, community centres, etc.
- When you buy a new home (versus a used house), you will have your choice of available lots with home models that suit those lots. You get to select the floorplan and elevation style that suits you.
- Another very exciting reason to buy a new home is that you get to collaborate with our designers to select your “fixtures and finishes” – everything from paint colours to counter tops and lighting.
- New homes come with a standard range of tasteful fixtures and finishes. You will have the opportunity to purchase upgrades if you have something special in mind for certain areas of your new home.
- Once you’ve bought your new home, we need to build it for you! And that takes time, usually months. During that period, we will keep you informed of what’s happening and what to expect next.
- When you buy a new home in Ontario, your interests are protected by Tarion, which administers the warranty protection of your new home. Tarion creates peace of mind for new home buyers.
At our design studio, you will be able to browse through a wide selection of samples such as imported ceramic tiles, stone countertops in marble, granite, quartz, carpets, hardwood flooring, crown moulding, plumbing fixtures, cabinetry and lighting. Upgrades are very popular with homebuyers who want to do something special or to improve the quality of living and increase the enjoyment of the home.
Tarion was set up in the 70’s to protect the rights of new homebuyers and to regulate builders in Ontario. Tarion administers the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act and helps ensure that Ontario’s new homes are consistently some of North America’s very best. In addition to licensing and regulating builders, Tarion helps educate new homebuyers about their warranty rights through videos, articles and other resources at their website: www.tarion.com.
Another offering from Tarion is its MyHome online service, which allows new homebuyers to manage their warranty information, submit warranty forms, receive email alerts for warranty deadlines – all in one place, online.
At Delpark, we want you to feel confident in the investment you’re making. If you have any additional questions about your new home warranty, please feel free to contact us for help.